For New Users...
If our modules are new to you, we invite you to take a few moments to explore the philosophy which has changed the way many of the world's best system designers and installers think about audio and video today.
See: The History of Radio Design Labs
RDL is the world's premier manufacturer of high-quality audio, video and control modules. The concept of APPLICATION-SPECIFIC MODULES was first introduced by RDL more than twenty years ago…a concept promoting unsurpassed value and performance. A concept which has attained widespread popularity and is a proven success in many thousands of facilities around the world. As the inventor of APPLICATION-SPECIFIC MODULES, RDL continues to lead the industry with solutions to specific problems as well as building blocks of quality system designs. RDL is on the cutting edge in product performance, fully robotic high-volume manufacturing and technical applications advice from a dedicated customer service staff. RDL stands ready with the resources and the commitment to assist with any need, from the simplest solution to the most complex installation.
About RDL Modules
APPLICATION-SPECIFIC MODULES perform a particular electronic function or do a specific job. Audio and video functions are broken down so a module does one job. Certain modules mix, others preamplify or amplify, others detect, others control, and others distribute. A module is provided for each function and type of signal. APPLICATION-SPECIFIC MODULES give you two basic methods of use:
Do a single job:
- Balance an unbalanced audio line at its source
- Bridge a balanced audio line
- Distribute audio or video to several destinations
- Add more inputs to a mixer
- Remote control audio/video sources or audio level
- Add automatic gain control or compression where it is needed in a system
- Preamplify a microphone at the microphone location to drive line level
Build a complete system or system subassembly:
- Automatic mixing system
- Distributed audio throughout a facility
- Prioritized source selection for zone paging or room combining
- Any mixed and distributed system using audio/video detection and/or remote control
About RDL Advantages
The advantages of designing with RDL modules are versatility, performance and value.
- Buying a single preamp or small mixer often saves the cost of a larger mixer
- Connecting several specific modules doing the functions you need can take the place of larger, more expensive equipment
- Install exactly the functions you need without the added cost of functions you don't need
- Installing a function where it is needed often improves system performance, such as installing a mic preamp near the microphone
- Small size circuits meticulously engineered for optimum performance produce lower noise
- Balanced differential lines between each system function (module) reduce interference and common mode noise
- Interconnection is maintained at industry standard professional audio and video levels
- Modules can be mounted in the system right where their function is optimum
- RDL Rack-mount accessories are available for convenient module mounting in equipment racks RU-Series mounts 3-across in 1RU; Stick-On series mounts 12 across in 2RU
- There is a module for nearly every audio or video function in any small or large system!
LET US HELP YOU GET STARTED!