A leading global manufacturer of A/V technology solutions is looking for a long-term, results oriented sales professional that will thrive in RDL’s culture of sincere personal relationships and an uncompromising commitment to superior service and customer support backed by the finest offering of product in the industry.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for increasing domestic and international sales through the development of existing and potential US distributors, international distributors, corporate-level and OEM opportunities while collaborating with the US sales team to meet company sales objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies and approaches to international markets
- Serve as the main contact for real or potential large customer orders and see the projects through from initial inquiry to product delivery
- Assist in preparing for, and attending RDL trade shows (NAB, InfoComm, ISE) plus selected regional shows
- Support RDL Europe sales efforts through effective and consistent communication and follow-up
- Coordinate with US Regional Sales Managers to provide sales support for distributors and OEM customers
- Identify and develop new potential markets and expand upon existing opportunities
- Increase sales in specific international markets by developing and delivering effective sales presentations to a variety of audiences (technical and non-technical), providing stellar customer support and prompt follow-up to all inquiries
- Preserve existing international sales channels while also expanding into new markets and capitalizing on new potential opportunities
- Minimum of 5-10 years of sales experience in relevant A/V market segments
- Experience developing sales growth within the US and international A/V distribution, corporate-level and OEM channels
- Ability to communicate concise and comprehensive presentations to small and medium sized groups
- Ability to construct presentation materials
- Comprehensive knowledge of the products and the associated technologies in the A/V industry
- CTS certification is a plus
- Strong attention to details and highly organized
- Disciplined and highly motivated, with an un-fettered focus on achieving results
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Domestic and International travel is required
- Capability to travel to international (outside North America and Europe) accounts once per year.
- Capability to travel to Europe twice per year, plus as needed.
- Experience in the European markets.
- Technical presentation and analytical skills sufficient to develop and maintain effective rapport with A/V consultants and engineers.
- Demonstrable consistent success driving business through consultant relationships.
- Specific understanding of networked audio principles and applications.
- Experience at effective shepherding of real or potential large customer orders.
- Direct relationships with major A/V distributors leading to sales growth.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org